Places Where You Should Have A Business Citation
Why should your business be cited? Well, it is important to have local citations so that your business will have a rank during the local search result of Google. Here is a list of places for getting business citations.
Data Providers of Citation Sites in the UK
- Infoserve will feed Cityvisitor and Yahoo!Local but this might change soon.
- Local Data Search has clients for their data. Among these clients are Tell, Google, Facebook, TomTom and so much more.
- My118Infor provides information to 118118, the Scoot network, BT and the lsit goes on.
- Factual feeds content to Yelp, Tripadvisor, Apple and more.
Social Media Site Citations
- If you happen to have a Facebook page for your local business, then you just need to include your complete address in the page for Basic Information and you will have your citation.
- Foursquare data is being used for directory sites so it is important that your information is updated and accurate.
- You can make a company page in LinkedIn and you can put in your contact details there.
- If you have a YouTube page then include your NAP information in the About Section.
- Adding your telephone number on the description of your business profile is the way to get a citation on Twitter.
The Top Sources for Citation in UK
- com – you can claim a business listing and optimize it.
- Accessplace – information comes from Bizwiki
- Bizwiki – you cannot add info manually because they’ll be the ones to check your site. However, if you see something wrong, you can report the error. The information they get here is fed to Accessplace.com and TownPages.com.
- Brownbook – you can claim a business and verify it.
- Citylocal – claim a business listing and optimise it.
- Cityvisitor – info comes from Infoserve. Listings can be claimed and verified.
- Cylex – claim and optimize business listing
- Freeindex – a useful place to get customer reviews. Listing can be optimised.
- Hotfrog – claim and optimise listing
- My Local Services – Linked as they are one of the business directories.
- LocalMole – gets info from The Scoot Network
- LocalLife – there are enhanced and basic listings
- Manta – listings can be claimed and optimised using links and images from social media
- MisterWhat – verify and optimise listing
- Near – gets info from ThomsonLocal
- Scoot – listings can be claimed and optimised
- The Independent – gets info from Scoot
- The Sun – gets info from Scoot
- ThomsonLocal – listings that are basic can be upgraded by paying a fee
- TouchLocal – member of the Scoot Network
- Townpages – listings are basic and is fed by Bizwiki
- uFindus – listing is basic and info is provided by Bizwiki
- Wahanda – listings are enhanced. There are reviews for salons, spas and fitness studios.
- Wampit – there are available free listings and additional option are available when paying a fee
- Yalwa – has full listings available
- Yell – verify and optimise listings
- Yelp – claim and optimise listings
- Zettai – has basic listings
Making sure that you take care of your listings on the sites above will ensure that your foundation is solid. This will further enhance your visbility for local searches. Citations sources are not listed to those above though. So feel free to widen your options.