Below is a video for small businesses looking to get started in the SEO industry and get some rankings. The small business seo process is quite different to that for global or even national companies, there is less emphasis on the sheer number of backlinks or citations and more emphasis and relevance given to the companies who integrate their site with their Google Plus page as well as the relevancy of the site over the sheer number of links. Below is the video, have a watch.
Google have reported they will be bringing out a new update on the 21st April. This will be a big update according to the SMX team, rivalling the size of panda and penguin and in fact making them look like small tweaks.
It’s a nerve-racking time for SEOs but one that we can either choose to embrace or back down from. I’m taking on the former and embracing this Google update with open arms.
Google hasn’t confirmed anything yet, but its sure to be a completely new crawler for mobile data, including crawling apps, 1 page mobile friendly sites and more. As I mentioned its still not sure what can be done as well its not the 21st April yet, but there are 2 options I would recommend:
1.) Get your site responsive – This involves designing a mobile friendly website. There are services such as this one that you can get for your site to get this done. This is the option I would recommend as responsive sites improve user experience and UX is now an official Google ranking factor, so I mean this is the option to go with.
2.) M.Site – Create a mobile friendly website that acts as a mini landing page when someone visits your site from a mobile device. This is another great option and does act as a mobile friendly option.
Also if you haven’t already checked, you should head over to the google mobile tool and check to see whether you have a mobile friendly site already or not. Looks like I have some work to do!
Thanks for reading as always.
On a personal update I’m involved with a new website, in a different niche to SEO called elite forex trading, so I might be posting a bit less frequently.
CPA is an acronym for cost per action and is a type of affiliate marketing. Unlike traditional affiliate marketing, CPA allows the individuals to make money without the actual selling of a product or service and hence CPA is preferred by many online affiliate marketers.
CPA networks will have products in the form of offers, usually paying per lead from anywhere between 50c to $250, it depends on how much the company values their leads. The affiliate or individual looking to promote the offer will then promote it in the method they have decided, this can be simply emailing individuals about the offer, but more likely they place a link to the offer on their website and generate visitors to their site in the hope they will click through to the offer and hence the affiliate will earn the commission. This is the basic model of online affiliate marketing.
Methods of Promoting CPA Offers
There are hundreds if not thousands of methods of promoting CPA offers. Below are my 5 recommended ways to promote (almost) any CPA offer you can find.
1. SEO – We all know and love it but SEO especially small time SEO with mini sites based around a few offers are extremely likely to make you a profit without the BS of selling or dealing with customers and as a result customer service.
2. PPC – Paid advertising is still huge and can be even more profitable than SEO, as if you can scale your ads well you can pay around $1 for every $1.50 you make. Scale that by 1000 times and your a millionaire from making 50c a click.
3. Forums – Forum marketing is an under-utilised method of online marketing. You can hire a VA to constantly be promoting your site on a forum, or you can even just post a few times a day yourself. A few links and solid comments can not only bring you good traffic, but you might also get a good backlink in the process, and who doesn’t love a good backlink!
4. Offline – Promoting online product in the offline world is so effective its scary and its quite odd why more people don’t do it. Loads of people are scared of the “real” world and would rather hide behind the computer and try to make millions that way. Although its possible, its a lot easier to make an offline million than an online one!
5. Flyers – Print marketing is still huge, its bigger than huge its MASSahuve YET AGAIN PEOPLE SEEM to be scared about spending money in the online world. Create a website with a simple brandable domain related to your offer. For example if you were promote a dating offer you could go for the: dateo.net or something memorable but not keyword rich, then simple have that as a landing page to collect leads with the offer on the site, OR instead just 301 the site to the offer directly and simple spread flyers with the URL of the site on. Boom you just created a sales funnel. Get 1,000 flyers printed and distribute to relevant people (not just on the street) and you need to convert at 2% to be in profit. Boom easy money.
6. Online Surveys – You can actually add a CPA offer to an online survey website. The video below shows you how to do that.
I love making lists and ranking websites, making top tens! Anything that involves a lot of research and less “thinking” on my part! Side note I did steal this list a bit from Tom over at SEO Oasis. But I decided to rank my top 10.
The top 10 SEO Blog in 2015
If your a veteran in the SEO world you will most likely know all of these but I’m going to make this list anyway
1.) Moz – In at 1 is the moz blog. The one stop shop for SEO and online marketing knowledge. Headed by by Rand himself who is now a seasoned seo wizard and knows everything from user experience to content marketing to conversion optimisation, the moz blog is the place to get up to date relevant articles on seo and digital.
2.) SE Journal – My second favourite site is the SE Journal. This is a site I think is underated in the seo community, articles are great and the authors are some of the most famous people in search in 2015. Very successful people post here.
3.) SEO Oasis – This is a less none blog, run by Tom, a close friend of mine. He shares my passion of lists when it comes to SEO and should be read very often!
4.) Search Engine Watch – Been around for donkeys years and is still a solid site, great information and up to date on everything you need.
5.) Nick Eubanks – The personal seo blog of Nick Eubanks, he knows literally everything there is to know about SEO and posts it in an easy to digest format.
6.) Backlinko – one post a month and you are one of the most famous SEO bloggers on the planet? That sounds about right for Brian Dean. He’s a class act and a white hat seo link building God.
7.) SEO Book – One of the longest running seo news and information sites. Headed up by Aaron Wall and co, a great place for some up to date information and some seo training.
8.) Search Engine Land – Another giant in the seo world. But more of a news site than any individual strategy or tactics.
9.) SEM Rush Blog – Awesome piece of software, only to be topped by its blog, which is coming along extremely well now. Some great articles and nothing like “buy our software” which is nice to see.
10.) Matt Cutts – Honorable mention for the seo spam man of Google. Keep an eye on this blog as well as the rest and make sure no one is being naughty in the eyes of Google…Well not too naught anyway!
Most are also on John’s list on Inc 500 too.
There are also some cracking events in the UK if conferences is more of your thing. Good list of those here. Hope you enjoyed this list.
My name is Richard Obousy and I’m a freelance seo consultant based in Cardiff. I offer search engine optimisation and digital marketing services to local businesses and this is my blog. I’m a frequent reader and advocate of: Moz, SEO Oasis and SE Journal, and have worked for seo companies such as: HQ SEO the Cardiff SEO Company and Ghost Marketing, who recently wrote a really funny article on the climb online digital marketing rubbish that Mark Wright and the apprentice co just created. That’s a funny rant if you want to go read that.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me and if you are interested in online marketing consulting please feel free to contact me for a quote.